Colourette Liquid Lipstick in Lora and Mono

by - September 22, 2017

So last week, I got in a state of panic because I accidentally took down le blog.  I attempted to set up a new domain and a new address, but after a few tweaks, I could not access the site anymore.  I hopelessly tried to revert the changes and even moved all of my contents to Wordpress as a backup plan, but it didn't work out fine.  Luckily, I remembered adding a script in the code and after removing that, le blog resurrected.  Haha!  😅

So lesson learned - plan out everything first.  I thought it would be an easy task.  I was wrong.

Setting up ichipestano.com is still in my to-do list though.  I just need to do more research.  Anyone here who has an idea on how to do that?

Anyhoo, it's time for another liquid lipstick review and guess what - these are from another homegrown brand. #lovelocal


I got two shades - a bright color and a nude.  Each is sold at 599 php but I only paid 399 php during a promotion.

They actually released a new matte formula recently and new colors as well.


Packaging is simple yet still nice.  Even the doe-foot applicator doesn't look and feel cheap.

Color

LORA is a pretty coral red.  I don't usually gravitate towards bright shades but I thought I could use a pop of color from time to time.  It has blue undertones so it makes the teeth appear whiter.


MONO is a mute nude beige with a hint of peach.  I thought it would make me look washed out at first because it's pale.  I just love how it creates a fuller-looking lips.  

Both shades stay the same even when dried.  The pigmentation is also okay but if I want to get the full color, I need to dip in few more times.


Finish and Formula

They do dry down but the finish is not 100% matte.  Well, Mono appears more matte than Lora.  The latter is more on the satin side actually, so it doesn't make the lips look wrinkly.  😊

There's shea butter, argan oil, mango butter and Vitamin E in the formula that hydrate the lips.  They also don't feel heavy on lips.


There's a faint sweet scent and a waxy taste as well.

Application

They are streaky so doing another layer is a must to even out the color.  What's good though about Lora is that, even if it's a bright color, it's not messy to apply.  


I also notice a greasy feeling during application and maybe it's because of the oils in the formula.  Not a biggie though.  

One watch-out about Mono is how it tends to look crusty especially on the inner part.

Lasting Power

It's amazing how they created a formula that is not totally matte and dry-looking yet there's still no color transfer. 


Color fades after a meal but it can survive drinking at least.  Haha.  😁

I do recommend these!  Formula-wise, they're great.  A bit expensive though compared to other local liquid lippies but they're bigger, so I guess that fine. (8.6 g).


I would love to try their new shades.  Any suggestion which one?  They also released a lip and cheek tint in pretty colors and I might score one soon. 😙


Like Colourette Cosmetics on Facebook.  You can find them in Landmark, Trinoma or you can buy directly from their website or on Lazada.


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love the colourette shades and looking forward to more releases from the Kings :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?