My Pole Journey

by - February 24, 2018

I've been wanting to do this post for so long.  I initially planned to put this on le blog after the 2016 recital, but I wasn't able to join due to projects that I had to focus on.  Fast-forward to November of last year, I got to hit a milestone.  It felt like I kind of graduated from Pole Basic class.  Haha!  But of course, learning doesn't stop there and at some point, I know I'm still a beginner.

So here it is, a compilation of my pole video clips since day one.  

Click here to jump to the album.



I don't attend classes like every week, though that has been the plan ever since.  Haha!  When things get hectic, I would go to the studio once a month.  However, I would make sure to squeeze in a quick core workout at home.  Actually, I recommend doing that aside from the pole classes.

I know there's always a stigma attached to pole dancing and I guess it won't likely go away.  But people should also know that it's more than just something sensual or anything like that.  It could pass as a sport and of course, a fitness activity.  #sportythansexy


You see, lifting, inverting, spinning, climbing, twisting your body on a vertical pole is not a piece of cake.  The whole pole thing requires strength, lots of muscle work, high pain tolerance and most of the time, flexibility.

Sure, when watching someone do the tricks, you would have that-seems-easy-I-think-I-can-do-that look on your face.  But believe me, once you try it for yourself, you'd probably have WTF-how-do-they-do-that moment.  #beenthereguys 😝

It surely is one of the best decisions I've ever made.  The learning process has always been challenging yet fun.  All the bruises and soreness the following day are worth it.  

This year, why not try something new.  If you're bored doing the same workout over and over again, maybe it's time to take it up a notch.  If you think pole won't work for you, you could also try aerial hoop and silk.

Stardanz Fitness Studio
Ground Floor, Landsdale Tower, 86 Mother Ignacia St. Barangay. Paligsahan Quezon City



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?